Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
To identify & comply with all applicable legal requirements relating to occupational Health & Safety.
Key Benefits of ISO 45001:
Helps companies reduce health & safety risks and makes workplaces safer.
Provides the opportunity to reduced insurance premiums.
Identify occupational Health & Safety risks in the workplace.
Reduce accidents and potential long term ill health.
Records to be maintained:
- Employees personal details including health and welfare records.
- Identify any hand, arm or fully body vibration risks.
- Establishing the safe working limits.
- Maintain & monitor records of long term use.
- Follow up medical assessments at least once per year.
- Check all safety guards are in place and being used.
- Ensure PPE is available and is being used by staff.
- Ensure any chemical Safety Data sheets are available at the point of use.
- Training and competency assessments are carried out.
- Risk assessments.
- Method statements.
Example of possible health issues to be aware of:
- White finger syndrome.
- Arthritis in the joints and back.
- Eye damage or blindness.
- Loud or consistent noise can lead to long term Tinnitus or deafness.
- Lung damage from exposure to dust, smoke, fumes and asbestos etc.
Blue Planet would supply your manual, policy, documents, and provide the guidance needed for your company to install and maintain your ISO 45001 Occupational Health & Safety Management System. Click here to see our “Step by step” guide to your certification.